Friday, August 17, 2012

Diary: Harry's first day at school


Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at my new school Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the morning the Dursleys left me at the Kings Cross Station but I did not know how to reach Platform Nine and three quarters. There I met a large family and they showed me the way. 

I saw the red Hogwarts express. I met many children there like Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom and many more. Some were already in their new Hogwarts robes. 

As we reached the schoolcastle, there was Hagrid waiting. He told us the way. We were taken to a big hall and I met Professor McGonagall. We were to be sorted into four houses, Griffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff. I was so nervous. I have never been so nervous. I thought they would ask us to perform some magic and I do not even know one. But ther was a hat which we needed to wear and it would sort us into the houses. Magic, after all. I did not want to be in Slytherin. I pleaded with the sorting hat and it gave me Gryffindor with Ron, Hermione, Neville and Ron's three brothers. 

I am so happy and relieved.

Harry


..........
By: Vidhi Sethi, 10 years

No comments:

Post a Comment