Saturday, December 15, 2012

DATING, DIAPERS & DENIAL BY RACHNA SINGH






TITLE : DATING, DIAPERS AND DENIAL
AUTHOR : RACHNA SINGH
PUBLISHER : ALCHEMY PUBLISHERS




After a long time came across a book which made me genuinely laugh and introspect as well. Though, Rachna Singh would’nt think twice before putting me in ‘denial ’ category. My dating and diaper era  might have come and gone a long time ago but I am not ready to accept it that I am living in denial
  Hey, I am only in my 30's I have a long way to go!  Go on read the book and find for yourself in which category do you fall in.

Rachna Singh  has a very unique style of writing. Though the chapters have been woven out of the same thread , yet they are independent of each other. You can start the book from anywhere and will still be able to make sense out of it..Written in first person narrative the book is anecdotal in style. The book does not have a definite storyline, it is made up of her ‘blurbs’ as Rachna Singh calls them , her observations about life around her, the major milestones of life related to dating, falling in love, getting married and so on….. , all of them have been put together and articulated into a book. The author has taken pot shots at herself and has made a lots of digs at males / females of today’s world. She has done this with aplomb-panache and  do not leave behind any kind of distaste.
I could very easily identify with the book . Rachna Singh’s observations are hilarious and pretty close to our lives these days. I enjoyed reading the book, especially the last chapter, would say very inventively written.
The book makes an excellent light read.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting. From your review, looks like you thoroughly enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete